Work Site Health and Safety Committee
Safety above all else
This group of passionate and engaged volunteers’ primary responsibility is to help maintain a safe work site for our employees by working together to identify and solve health and safety concerns at the work site.
Some of the specific duties of our Universal Rail Systems Work Site Health and Safety Committee include:
- Represent the interests of all employees as they relate to health and safety in the corporate offices in Sherwood Park.
- Cooperate with an occupational health and safety officer when that officer is exercising duties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act), the Regulations and the OHS Code.
- Develop and promote educational and informational programs about health and safety.
- Inspect the work site at least once before each quarterly meeting to identify uncontrolled health and safety hazards.
- Investigate serious incidents.
If you have any Health and Safety concerns that you would like to submit, or if you have a passion for safety yourself and would like to join our committee please contact your local Health and Safety Representative.
With Unyielding Integrity, We: Are Committed to Safety.