Signals & Communications
Signaling a commitment to safety
Traffic control for all aspects of railway operations is a must, and nothing plays a bigger role than your warning and wayside signals and specialty communications systems.
At Universal Rail Systems, we design, install and maintain signals and communications systems that save lives. Our experts at Universal Signals & Communications know tried, tested and highly reliable technology is critical to your operations. They deliver all of their work according to best practices and all Transport Canada standards.
Whether you’re looking for signals and communications solutions that work for remote crossings common to Class 1 and 2 rail operations, high activity areas in rail yards and terminals, or busy pedestrian crossings and traffic intersections in high density urban environments, we have the solution for you.
Signal and communications systems are also commonly integrated with construction projects all of sizes, as delivered by Universal Rail Contractors - Great Plains . We are also commonly asked to decommission and replace systems with modern, higher quality options, as well as inspect existing systems and technologies.
Our team members are technical experts for:
- Centralized Traffic Control (CTC)
- Positive Train Control (PTC)
- Highway grade crossing warning systems, including Grade Crossing Predictors (GCPs)
- Fiber optic networks
- Hot and cold air switch clearing devices
- Hot Box Detector (HDB) and AEI sites
- Wiring for signal houses and/ or rack wiring
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Communications systems
- Wayside inspections