Great Plains - Track Foreman
WHO WE ARE
Great Plains is the sure choice for custom, fully-integrated, turnkey railway construction, maintenance, rehabilitation, and production solutions servicing Winnipeg and the Prairie region customers for over 25 years.
- Candidates applying for this position must have their own transportation as job sites are throughout the region.
- Preference will be shown to candidates that reside in the region.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the position, candidates will be required to undergo fitness testing as a condition of employment
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals. The Foreman must ensure safety, quality, production, and scheduling, resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications and scope of work.
- Pre-plan work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Plan the day-to-day operations on the assigned project, and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work i.e., labour, equipment, and material.
- Take responsibility for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies and procedures.
- Conduct tailgate meetings. Initiate follow-up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Communicate with the Project Superintendent, Project Manager, General Contractor and customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Communicate with sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
- Perform a variety of related administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- Perform other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Provide coaching and instruction to all crew members.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members
- Strong customer relations skills
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- Excellent vision and hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead a team and motivate workers.
- Exercise sound judgment and give clear direction.
- Work effectively in a team environment as a contributing team player.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or equivalent
- High School Diploma
- Railway or construction experience would be an asset.
- CROR is considered an asset but will train
- Having taken Track Clarence before is considered an asset
- Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS ect. is considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
HOW TO APPLY:
By email with the subject line "Foreman" to Shawna Beach-Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person at:
63136 Klimpke Rd
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Plains Rail Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer